Wednesday, April 25, 2018

GS 25 Spring Blossom Snacks ~

Its that time of year again. When spring is in the air and .... in your food!?! 

That's right! That is especially what you will find if you frequent any GS 25 convenience store, with advertisements for their spring limited time snacks and refreshments popping out overnight.

In a seasonal sort of mood, I decided to stop into the store on my way home from school and discover what exactly spring tasted like. 


Above you can see my haul (left to right) - Grape Blossom Soda, Spring Apple Honey Twists, Blossom Popcorn, and Spring Blossom Soda


The green grape soda, definitely tastes like grape. To me it tasted exactly how a green grape popsicle would, except you could drink it. It had a smooth taste with little carbonation and a weak 'blossom' flavor which was dominated by the overpowering taste of green grapes. If you love the flavor of grapes then this drink would be the perfect choice. As for me, grape isn't my favorite, so I preferred the original blossom soda to the grape flavored one. Once you reach the bottom half of the can there is also a surprise. Grapes! Yes there are small cubes of grapes inside the can. If you have ever had aloe juice before these chunks tasted somewhat similar to that, leaving a sliver of doubt in my mind that perhaps it was aloe and not grapes after all. However,  it was a grape themed drink, so my assumption was that it probably was chunks of grapes.


The apple honey twists are actually a favorite snack of mine, but the packaging had changed and said spring. Seeing this I thought perhaps they had a limited edition flavor, but personally they didn't taste much different at all to me. So I can't really judge their 'springiness'. 


It was my first time tasting the cherry blossom popcorn and I thought it was really delicious. If spring should taste like anything, the popcorn was pretty spot on. It tastes very much like a flower. My only guess is that it's flavored with rose hip or something along those lines. It was very light and crunchy, with a natural, but not overpowering sweet taste. A good mix up from your normal butter, cheese, or caramel popcorn. 


Lastly, the other winner on my list, the original spring blossom soda.  I might as well have been tasting the breeze blowing through the blossoms. The soda was flowery and light. sweet and yet not overpowering or too carbonated. It had a freshness and citrus undertone of flavor to it, which gave it a slight tang. Overall I think that the flavors and amount of carbonation in the drink all blended perfectly to create spring in a can. Spring blossom soda is the taste of spring.





No comments:

Post a Comment