Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Hey Backpackers Hostel - Hongdae

This is going to be a shorter and simple post. I wanted to say that I stayed here for two nights on my recent visit to Seoul. All in all it was worth the price, which was very affordable. I just needed somewhere to sleep, shower, and store my things. So this place was perfect. I stayed in the 6 person bunk-room with other travelers. Everyone staying at the hostel seemed friendly and nice, it was a welcoming atmosphere. The host also was friendly and helpful and also spoke decent English, which made booking very easy. The location of the hostel is also optimal. While the fact that it is down a dark alley feels a bit shady at first, the fact that it is in central Hongdae makes it an ideal place to stay. It is right in the middle of the night and club life of Hongdae. The location and the fact that there is no curfew makes this place the perfect place to stay if you intend on clubbing on your next visit to Seoul My one and only issue with this place was the security. The main door to the street did not have a lock or passcode. Usually this is fine, because the door to the hostel itself would...but they didn't. Now, I felt comfortable staying there because the people were kind and welcoming. They felt trustworthy. However, the fact that the door to the street, to the hostel, and to the bedroom were unlocked at all times and that quite literally anyone could have walked in...made be just the slightest bit uneasy. I would stay there again if need be, since as I said the benefits certainly outweigh the one oversight, but I think it would be better with at least a simple security code. I am sure the lack of one is to make it easier for guests in the case they forget the code, but I think safety is a bit more important than convenience.

I still think the place is worth the stay if you want a cheap place in Hongdae to crash, so check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment