Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Western Style Bar in Gangnam, Seoul - Kathy's Bar and Pub


I am a bit behind in my posts, too busy living the life to find time to write about it, so I realize this post is coming a bit late. However, towards the end of September I found myself in Seoul, again, to celebrate a friend's birthday. During our time out enjoying the night in Gangnam, our mutual friends took us to a bar called Kathy's Bar and Pub. This is one of the more western style bar's that I have been to, and it made me feel very much like I was back at home having a night out near my university's campus. It was nostalgic and so I wanted to share a bit about the place.

Now, I have nothing against soju, in fact it isn't that bad at all, but it had been a while since I had any western style alcohol and I have a preference for mixed drinks. If I can't taste the alcohol, all the better. I went with five of my friends and they ordered some type of set deal for drinks. I am not sure what the set was, but I do know that it was expensive. Compared to how much it would've cost had I been in the USA though, I think it probably wasn't much different. With our set we got a large bottle of Smirnoff vodka and had various mixed drinks made from it, such as those below:


               


However, what truly made the place likable was the atmosphere.

Kathy's is a rather small bar and pub, with a few tables/booths and two or three smaller tables on a balcony overlooking the street. Decorated with alcoholic paraphernalia, it very much resembled pubs back at home for me. Simple, not too loud, a likable host, and nice drinks made it the perfect place to socialize.

This all considered, it was the owner Mr. K that tied it all together. He was a very people friendly bartender, and he made sure that anyone in his pub had an entertaining evening. He made a show of mixing our drinks for us, right at our table. When our drinks were reaching the bottom of the glass he would be right there to mix us our next one. He didn't let our glasses sit empty for long, so I guess he is quite the business man as well. Our drinks were tasty, not overpoweringly strong, pretty, and overall they satisfied. Since it was my friends birthday he also gave her a birthday shot, which we were expecting since it was a western style place.






Mr. K is also an active Instagram promoter, and often takes photos with the guests and posts them on the pub's Instagram page, so you can find photos of your group's fun night out later. Don't worry, the photos he takes are nice ones.


To see more about this pub, perhaps visit the links below:
Facebook
Naver

No comments:

Post a Comment